Please note that at this moment this module is a Beta and should not be used in production environments. The description below may include functionality only available for the soon to be released Enterprise edition.
Please, see also our Blog entry.
Studio was and is a very useful tool to define how your different “views” (detail, edit, …) should look like. If you know Sugar Professional, you are aware that the Studio there can do considerably more. And SuiteCRM users have also benefitted from some extensions in that release-branch. But… is this sufficient? We clearly think: not. Are we the only ones believing so? Not really. So…? Well, there is a reason why discussing “Studio” is a bit of a tabu. To start of with, we are directly hitting “compatibility” aspects. And you know how for example SuiteCRM claims 100% compatibility with SugarCRM: modules built for SugarCRM should still work with SuiteCRM. But, we all know what the SugarCRM CE roadmap is...Can this be a mid long-term strategy? Again, we think not.
So, are we starting a revolution? Not really, but we are putting a stake in the ground. And…although we maintain compatibility with standard Sugar, some work will be necessary to get 100% benefit out of what you already may have.
You can see AlineaSol Forms as an enhanced Studio with some extras. We allow you to define any number of “Forms”, and make them accessible in dashlets, as a new menu item under any module, or even within your current Studio views. In the near future AlineaSol Forms will be the building stones for AlineaSol Views, that will allow you to define multiple Forms within one presentation view, with the possibility for the forms to communicate with each-other.
- Enrich the user-interface for SugarCRM
- Be able to construct a more intelligent interface, using colours based on conditions, graphs that show you the context of an item that you are analysing, support wizards, etc.
- Smoother interface
- Supporting AJAX based transitions, pre-loading elements, etc.
And how does it look like?
With forms, you can create a…form! that can be built from different datasources. This form can then be viewed or edited. If it is editable, the form information can be sent to an external application or to… AlineaSol WorkFlowManager! so that you can create more advanced validations, wizards, take specific actions, etc.
- Free (No specific source)
- Directly from a Sugar Module)
- External DB (Enterprise edition)
- Global variables, with WorkflowManager Enterprise
- Multi-Panel support: For each individual panel, you can)
- Define a title
- The number of columns to display (from 0 to 4)
- What roles can the form see.
- Specific visibility rules (e.g. Only show thid field if a parameter has a certain value)
- Add new rows
- Delete panel
- Access to AlineaSol Form:
- Add form as a main menu entry
- Add form as a panel whithin your existing (Studio) views!
- Include in a dashlet.
- Other features:
- Overwrite initial values of fields.
- Client and server validation rules.
- Event support: on_init, before_submit and after_submit .
- Form-Report button (to show a new Form or Report)
Features to be included in the future:
- New format support
- Dependent enum
- Definable CSS for each form
- Integration with planned AlineaSol Views
- Compatible with SugarCRM 6.X, SugarCRM Profesional 7.5, SuiteCRM
- Requires installation of the free module AlineaSol Common Base, version 2.2 (20th December 2016).
First time install:
Follow standard way to load a module in SugarCRM
- Login as SugarCRM admin user.
- Go to "Admin" and there select "Module Loader".
- on your computer, search AlineaSol Common Base Community in the AlineaSol Forms Community pack, and upload.
- When it is uploaded, click "install"
- Now, repeat steps 3 and 4 for AlineaSol Forms.
Install new version:
- Uninstall older version of AlineaSol Forms, keeping database.
- Follow step 5 from First Time Install. (Reinstalling Common Base is not required)